Monday, October 20, 2008

Rendezvous

We had a great time at the rendezvous this past weekend. The girls had a fun time exploring and making new friends. There were more than 70 participants, half of them children. We had to sew and sew and sew to get ready, but I think the experience for the kids was certainly worth the effort. Brock made some killer food!!! The weather was gorgeous, and the trees were colorful. We had a great time!

Here's the fam standing in front of our tent. I was shocked when I saw this picture because EMMA IS NEARLY THE SAME HEIGHT AS ME!!!!
Maryanne and Jane
Sarah and Kate

Rachel

Jane was stung by a bee/wasp/hornet something-or-another on Friday morning. The poor girl's cheek looked deformed. It's better now.

We camped next to our friends, the Wrights. There were lots and lots of kids.


Emma

Kate

Emma, Kate and Sadie, our neighbor

Jane

Rachel and Sam

A fabulous potluck dinner. Brock made a wonderful ham and bean dish in a dutch oven. The food was seriously great.
It was a fun time. If anyone wants to come with us in the spring, I think we'll do it again. Now that we have the clothes for our kids, all we need is plates, utensils, washtubs, a water jug, benches, bedding, a fire pit, fire tools . . . I suppose this will be a work in progress for quick some time.

4 comments:

kj said...

Loved your pictures. That was such a fun weekend, great to be next to you & your family. I hope to do it more. I am glad to hear that Jane is doing better. poor thing.

Cody said...

Hey Shannon, I have a weird favor to ask you; I was going to see if you could take a picture of our family for our christmas cards? I was thinking this Sunday after church,are you guys gonna be around? We'll talk, just let me know. The costume looks so cute on Abby, thank-you.

Tiffany said...

As always, I am so impressed! You all look adorable, and that food looks amazing.

I was going to make a comment about how Jane's bee/wasp/hornet sting makes her look like John McCain, but I'm above poking fun at political candidates. :)

I hope she's feeling better!

Kim said...

What an awesome experience! I wish you lived here so I could enlist you in sew our YW Trek outfits. You all look darling!