Here are a few of the cuter pronouncements from my kids:
- Emma (2 years old) was leaning on my back, so I asked her to quit. She came around to my front, took my face in her little pudgy hands and said, "Mommy, sometimes little children don't know how to quit."
- Emma loved to play games when she was 2 years old. She made up a game she called "Doe-di-doe-di-doe". The idea is that the adult would give Emma the clues, and she guessed the answer. Once when we were in the car, Emma asked if we could play "Doe-di-doe-di-doe." At the same moment, Emma's dad let out a huge belch. Emma immediately guessed "Pepsi!"
- Another 2-year-old Emma moment--One day after I straightened my dark, shoulder-length hair, Emma said, "Mommy, you look beautiful! Just like Rosie O'Donnell."
- When Kate was about 2 years old, she fell down the stairs--from the top all the way down. She hit the cement floor at the bottom of the stairs. Immediately, she jumped up, shook her head and said, "I'm okay!" and off she went. It was a Looney Toon moment.
- When Kate was about 4 years old, we went to her best friend's house to pick her up for a play date. When her friend, Claire, got into the van, she said, "Guess who came over to our house yesterday?" Kate responded, "Was it a midget?" Claire said, "No, it was a real person."
Awww, my kids make me laugh. I'm sure Jane made me laugh too, but I don't remember why anymore. Poor Jane. Oh well, at least she's cute.